METALBLAK EASYPLATE ELNIC SB
ELECTROLESS NICKEL PROCESS
FOR IRON, STEEL, CAST IRON, COPPER & BRASS
Our EASYPLATE ELNIC SB kits contain the chemicals you need to Electroless Nickel Plate iron, steel, cast iron, copper and brass components. Our standard kits are available in sizes: 200ml, 500ml and 1ltr, but we can cater for larger systems - give us a call for more information.
The Easyplate kit includes METALBLAK Alkaline Degreaser and EASYPLATE ELNIC SB. You will also need distilled or deionised water (you can use tap water, but the mixed solution may not keep as long in storage), a heat source, thermometer and appropriate glass or stainless 316 containers.
EASYPLATE has been developed to create nickel phosphorus alloy on engineering components, without the need of sophisticated equipment.
EASYPLATE is ideal when economy of operation is essential & when maximum hardness and corrosion protection are required - with minimum deposit thickness.
The process will allow for bulk plating of parts in barrels.
An average plating rate over the life of the solution of 15microns per hour at 90 degC and Ph 5.0 can be obtained providing the solution is regularly maintained. The plating rate can be raised or lowered by adjusting the Ph and temperature of the solution.
OPERATING DATA – SOLUTION MAKE UP
Make up a working solution of EASYPLATE as follows:
1. Dilute 1 part of EASYPLATE to 3 parts water & mix thoroughly.
2. Heat to operating temp 85 - 93 deg C. Optimum 88 – 90 deg C .
Please note - accurate temperature control is important in order to produce a constant plating rate and deposit thickness. Agitation - solution movement is advisable to avoid temperature layering.
Please note – components must be thoroughly clean. Excellent chemical cleaning of parts to be plated is important to ensure maximum performance.
Stage one Degrease with METALBLAK Alkaline degreaser:
Dilute 1 part degreaser to 1 part water.
1. Immerse component in degreaser for 10 minutes.
2. Rinse in flowing water.
Stage two Nickel plate in EASYPLATE ELNIC SB:
1. Components should be suspended - for even coverage of Nickel Plate.
2. Plating times may vary. Keep inspecting component and remove when ideal finish has been achieved.
3. Rinse in flowing water
4. Drain and dry.
PLEASE NOTE: TO START ACTIVITY FOR BRASS/COPPER COMPONENTS
1. Immerse a small steel component into EASYPLATE and wait for Nickel plating process to start.
2. Then place brass/copper component against the steel component (must touch) for about 10 seconds, or until the brass/copper component has started nickel plating.
3. Remove steel component.
4. Remove brass/copper component when ideal finish has been achieved.
5. Rinse in flowing water
6. Drain and dry.
The steel component acts as a catalyst in our EASYPLATE process for brass and copper.
The plating tank or liner should be stripped of nickel deposits with 50% nitric acid, as often as required.